Monday, October 6, 2008

When a young person says they are sorry, Mon Oct. 6, 2008

Today is Monday October 6, 2008 Time 4:01

A Ray Of Sunshine

I wanted to tell you this story because it gives me hope for the future. My husband and I were having breakfast at a restaurant. My husband went to pay the bill. I was standing at the door and a young man came in with a friend.

He said an inappropriate word and looked up and saw me. He said excuse me miss I did not mean to say that word in front of you. I was very surprised to hear him apologize for saying that word. I thanked him and said this is my ray of Sunshine. To know his parents raised him to respect older people.

I would like to thank him and is parents because this young man made my day.

When I was growing up children would never say words like that in front of adults. Now you hear it all the time. Teaching your children to give respect to others starts at home.

Thank You
Carmen

No comments: