Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Why I live where I do, Tues Oct 7, 2008

Today is Tuesday October 7, 2008 Time6:46

Why I live in a war zone

Not because I am lazy and don't want anything, I have grass in front of my house, flowers in my back yard. I go out and clean the street, try to make improvements on my house but in my neighborhood the gangs destroy our property.they Break in our homes, garages and cars. I feel like a bug being exterminated.

Criminals know that in certain communities they can get away with this behavior. You can call the police all day and night and nothing will change until the city honesty tries to make a better. Police are afraid to come into our community because they may get killed. Not only are the people not being protected, but our Police are not being protected.

Instead of our leaders addressing the problems plaguing this city they choose to shift the problems from community to community. Then after the violence, destruction and loss of life, they shift the problem some place else.

Why not fix the problems through better education, and programs. We know that children having children is not a good thing, because it continues the cycle. We also know that education can change some of these problems and provide good jobs so people can support their families and live descent . If I know this why don't our leaders know this.

Half of our people are deprived, while the other half flourishes. This mentality has to stop. Because these are the people that get up and go to work every day. When the people are being deprived of good education, health care, decent jobs, and safe neighborhoods we all pay the price. can't you see that?

We also know gas prices, food prices, and taxes are up. The people that are deprived are struggling just to live. We need to make a change now!

Please leave a commit, let me know how you feel?

Thank You
Carmen

No comments: