Sunday, August 24, 2008

Are we listening to our children? Sat Aug 23, 2008

Did you know from the time your sweet little baby is born, he lets you know what he needs. He cries, to tell you he needs you to hold him and love him. He cries to let you know he needs you to feed him and change his diaper. As he starts to talk he say hold me, read to me. As he grows up and starts to walk, he says I need you to support me. I need your encouragement.

When your child starts to school he says help me to learn. Help me with math. All through your child's life he says give me, give me, give me and that is a good thing. This will be very important as your child grows in to man hood. He has the confidence he needs to be successful.

And when your child's becomes a teen he is saying be a good roll model, discipline me even thought he may act like he doesn't want you to.

And when you child becomes an adult, its your job to let go. Gently push him out the nest. Fly away. You can do it. Go out and see the world. Go to college, find you a mate. Get married and have babies so we can become grandparents. And then the circle starts all over again. With him!

Thank You
Carmen

No comments: