Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Calm broken by new gun violence Tues Aug 26, 2008

If you remember yesterday I told you the violence had stopped in my block.

Well, around 9: 0 clock last night. I heard shooting. and 5 minutes later, there were 20 police cars on my block. Police cars had blocked off the street. They had lights flashing up and down the street. I new some one had gotten hurt. But I was not leaving my house to see.

Today I went down the block to see if any one had been hurt. I was told that a gang of boys came to this boys house and shot him. Then, they ran before the police could catch them. I do not know if the police made any arrest. But this time the police came in force and sealed off the hold block.

They were on our block about 4 hours, combing the neighborhoods for the suspects. The boy was taken to the hospital. I hope he will be alright.

Thank You Chicago police.

Living here is like living in a war zone!

Thank You
Carmen

No comments: