Thursday, August 7, 2008

Parents can do more for their children Thurs August 7, 2008

Parents, I could just write about the violence in Chicago. Why things that should be done are not done. But kids are getting killed every day and that is very important concern for me.

Parents your kids look to you for everything. You are the parent and you should be the one in control. Who is the boss in your house? Sometimes loving too much can make you lose control.

When my son was seventeen he did not like me coming in this room, so one day he asked, "Mom, I need a lock on my bed room door." I ask him do you pay rent? He answered no. I said you know son this is my house and that is my room and I don't need a lock. Kids will try you to see if you will check them and they want to be checked. That shows you love them.

Preparing your kids to leave home is your job as parents. If they don't know how to cook, shop for food, and pay bills, how do you think they can make it in the real world? I have heard kids say many times I am grown. Well being grown means being on your own paying your own bills.

All my kids left home when they were eighteen.

Thank You
Carmen

No comments: