Sunday, August 24, 2008

It all starts with respect Sun Aug 24, 2008

Let me tell you a story. A couple of years ago my husband and I went to Texas for my grandson's birthday. We stayed at a hotel that was nice but not expensive and not too far from stores and restaurants. Every place we went the people were so nice. Anything we asked them to do, they were happy to do it. They treated us like royalty.

Yesterday I went to buy some earings at Ford City. I asked the lady who was talking to her friend if they had "hoop earings." She said yes, and pointed "over there." She could not stop talking to her friend to help me. This is called customer service. So I walked away. I went to another store and the young man was glad to help me. I bought too pairs of earings.

I went to the Jewel in my neighborhood a year ago and complained about a problem at the deli counter. I talked to the manager not once, but twice and he promised to get the problem fixed.

To this day the problem still exist. I don't go there any more. If we want things to be nice, we need to stop accepting "any old thing."

When I spend my money, I want good service. I drive out of my neighborhood, though, to get the service I want. I went to the bank during my lunch and tried to get in the vault. No one ever came to help me. I had to take my money out of that bank.

If you don't get the service you expect you should spend your money else where.

Thank You
Carmen

No comments: