Saturday, August 16, 2008

Burying our heads in the sand, Sat Aug 16, 2008

Some say, "as long as the gangs don't hurt me and my family."

We seem to be comfortable with violence,as long as it does not happen to me and my kids. It is not me and mine. Its us and ours.

All the kids are our kids. We are all in this together.

We tell our selves. I am one person, what can I do?.One person can't make a different. But one person can make a different. I live next door to an abandoned building I started cutting the grass and picking up paper on the abandoned property.I called the police and had the property boarded up, this took four years. Now my neighbors cut the grass and pickup paper to. Because we are all in this together.

If you take that first step ,some one else may make a step. And then their are two. Take another step, maybe some one else may make a step, then their are three.

When our kids leave the house. Do we know if they will come back safe, or will they kill or be killed.

Something to think about.

Thank You
Carmen

No comments: