Monday, August 25, 2008

A pause in the neighborhood violence, Mon Aug 25, 2008

We have not seen any violence in my block lately. But it's still happening in my community. School is starting and I am so happy. Maybe it will help to keep the kids from hanging out all night.

I see the police coming around more offen. Hopefully this means they are trying to do more to keep the community safe. I do not want to move from My home, I have lived here 18 years and I love my home. Keeping the community safe is not going to work unless the community and the police work together. When I see a crime being commited I call the police and I am so happy they show up.

I know police officers have a hard job. They are out numbed when it comes to fighting crime.

They have families and don't want to get killed. Just like with any other job there are good police officers and bad police officers. The good ones take their jobs seriously and I praise them for putting their life on the line. The bad ones think they are above the law. They drink on the job and kill people and think they should get away with it. Police commissioner, get rid of these bad apples and stop protecting them. When we see video's of police officers beating up helpless female citizen, how can the police protect this kind of person? There are organizations in our neighborhood that are trying to make a difference.

If we all work together we will make a difference

Thank You
Carmen

No comments: