Friday, August 1, 2008

Thursday, July 31, 2008, 8:35 PM: I love this city, that's why I'm writing

You know I love Chicago. I raised my four children in this neighborhood. Two of my daughters graduated from college and now work for the city. My youngest daughter graduated from high school and went in to sales. My son graduated from high school and went into the Navy. I am very proud of my children.

I am not proud of Chicago today. This was a great city. So what is happening to it?

Even though we have worked hard to get and keep our property, I would sell my house if I could. But you know the housing market is not good. The home owners I talked to are fed up with this everyday violence. Their families are being hurt. Their houses have been shot at and their car windows are being broken. We are being pushed into a corner.

I want to scream for somebody help us. But there is no one there.

Carmen

No comments: